This is the first year, The ART of Infertility will not be at Advocacy Day (which is today)! However, despite our absence, it does not mean our advocacy efforts are mute. Here are 5 easy ways to advocate for infertility and family-building rights.
- Call Your Congressional Representatives about National Issues Impacting Family-Building. Here is a list that RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association will be tracking. You can also utilize their easy 3-step instructional with a script to assist you.
- Get To Know Your Local/State Bills That Impact Family-Building. Here is a list for you to consult.
- Get to Know How Your Employer Supports Alternative Family-Building. You can request insurance coverage and improve access to care from your employer by downloading and filling out this letter.
- Ask Your OB/GYN, Reproductive Endocrinologist, and Urologist to Get Involved on Issues 1-3. Share with your care provider more information on all the issues that impact family-build!
- Use Your Voice and Tell Your Story to Your Reps, Family, and Friends. Remember, you are not alone! 1 in 8 couples struggle with building their family around the U.S. If you are interested in sharing your story, you can do that with us here.
Join us in pledging to take these 5 actions throughout this coming year, until we meet again at Advocacy Day 2019!